Resolutions? Sure I make them…..and then quickly break them. Like, within hours sometimes. So, maybe I don’t make them quite like I’m supposed to. I never put the usual ones, like “Lose Weight” or “Spend more time with loved ones” because those are for rookies. I put “Lose Weight” on my List of things to do TODAY at least once a month, so putting it as a year long BIG TIME resolution seems a bit like over kill to me. Of course, I didn’t lose a single pound in 2012, but I’m sure optimistic for 2013. Still not gonna put it on my list, though.
And the ones like “Be nicer” or “Don’t be a smart ass” or Don’t be so sarcastic” don’t really work for me either….have ya’ll actually MET me yet? Well, cause if you have, you’ll know that’s not really an option.
(Visiting family this holiday, I did mention to my adult niece that I was gonna try to be nicer this year…..she said, “When ya gonna start?” Yeah, everyone’s a comedian…)
SOOO, with that info, here’s MY 2013 Resolutions:
1. Finally learn the words to “Blinded By The Light” by Manfred Mann’s Earth Band. (Geez, I just looked them up and they HAD to be smokin’ crack or SOMETHING when they wrote that song..wow!)
2. Figure out the snack schedule at Sam’s so I can take full advantage. (I HATE going in there just after I’ve eaten…seems like a real waste.)
Make fewer piles of crap all over the house. Name the piles of crap all over the house so I can organize better. (Let’s be realistic…I’m NEVER gonna stop having piles…are you?)
4. Alphabetize my tequila and rum collection for easier selection. (Seems like a worthy chore for a rainy New Years Day….)
5. Learn how to back up the truck with the trailer attached. (This one might actually happen…unless I unattach the trailer by hitting something the first time I try.)
6. Find a comfortable and supportive bra. (Bwhahahahah…sorry, this was just put in there as a joke…that will NEVER happen.)
7. Master phone calls on my iPhone. (One day, I’ll figure out how to “Face Time” ~ ooh-aahhh-ooh!)
8. Finish my book. (Everyone has a book they’re writing, right? If Paris Hilton can write a book, surely to God, I can. It’ll be about a Redneck, Barefoot, Rum and…Oh wait! I can’t tell you yet!!!)
Ok, that’s all I have. I don’t have 10, or 5, or 15 or whatever number you’re SUPPOSED to have, I just have the ones I like. Happy New Year, ya’ll….I’ll be sure and keep you posted on the results and the publish date for my book!