I’ve seen so many posts on my personal page with a number and things I didn’t know about my friends.
And they’re right…I had no idea about most of those things. Some I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to erase from my mind’s eye, so thanks ya’ll.
Now, no one has really given me a number (or if they did, I already forgot), but I thought I’d write mine in a blog post and share with ALL of ya’ll…..scary, huh?
So, here ya go….and since I may or may not have had a number, I went with 11 ~ yeah, I’m such a rebel.
- I am 50 years old and, unlike so many people who feel 30 years younger, I feel every damn day of 50. Some days I feel about 86.
- I won 3rd place in a talent contest when I was 8. I sang and played “Greensleeves” on the piano. I sucked. Which means the other kids either sucked much worse or it was fixed. I really hope the other kids sucked more.
- I have moved 30 times. If I move again, I’m selling the house with all my crap included. It’ll be marketed as “vintage, eclectic belongings of a woman who has a warped sense of humor, loves pink and isn’t a clean freak”.
- In another life, I worked in ‘corporate America’, had an office and wore heels and hose. I was confused about what really mattered in my life.
- I’d rather hang out on the couch and watch TV, read a book or write than be outside doing anything. Maybe I’ll go outside, walk to my car, and drive to a quaint little café with outdoor seating where I can sit outside and read a book, write or chat. Of course, I’ll have to drive for about 2 hours to find that little café….
- I didn’t start drinking alcohol until I was 40. I’ve been trying to make up for those lost years ever since. So far, I’m doing pretty good.
- My hair has been brown, red, purple, mousy, and striped. I’ve never had as many compliments on my hair as I’ve had since I decided to stop coloring it and letting the natural gray be my color. I’ve also gotten many more senior discounts but hey, whatever.
- I have big feet. And big boobs. And big hair. Wait! I see a pattern!! THAT must be why I have big….everything. THANK GAWD I figured that out ~ whew.
- I collected Unicorns until I was 16. Now, every time I see or hear someone say something about unicorns I have a flashback to the bookcase in my room full of porcelain, plastic, glass and macramé (yeah, that was a strange one) dust collectors.
- I am an only child, but have a cousin that I’ve known for more than 40 years that is the only person who knows all my secrets. She’s smarter than I am and that’s ok. I’m taller.
- I have always wanted to be an actress, but after one high school turn on “Harvey”, I decided writing was more my style. The world of TV thanks me.
Thanks for reading my blog ~ if you want to leave a comment, I promise I’ll read it and respond because I LOVE comments. And if you really love it, share it with your friends and have a margarita while you’re reading the blog out loud. At the bar. With other people near by. It’s even FUNNIER then! 🙂 Cheers!