Good Housekeeping was kind enough to send me a list of 10 things I should have in my house if I’m over 30. Since I’m 50, I felt SURE I would ace this test….it IS a test, right?
So, let’s see what they have…
1. An Organized Bookshelf ~ I have a bookshelf. There’s 86 National Geographic Magazines from the 1990′s on there, along with a really nice My Little Pony castle and ponies. And ALL the stuff that My Little Pony Castles have….do you have any idea how LITTLE the crowns, cups, swings and brush is from My LITTLE PONY??
2. Art You Love ~ I framed a picture Tater drew on a paper bag at a Bar-B-Que restaurant last summer and gave it to Mac for Christmas. ‘Nuff said.
3. Matching Towels ~ My towels match….not each other, but I’m sure they match towels SOMEONE has. Unless no one has towels that have strings on the edges, a small bare patch in the middle of nearly every one, and varying degrees of thickness and thinness (is that EVEN a word)….DEAR GAWD, tell me YA’LL have towels like this….anyone?
4. A Plant ~ Of course I have a plant. It’s outside. It’s called a Tree.
5. A nice mattress and headboard ~ Well, we have a mattress and headboard. The mattress only sags in the middle a little bit. I really like sleeping in the middle, so it’s ok. Unfortunately, Mac likes sleeping in the middle, too. So, usually I’m clinging to the edge of the bed so I won’t roll down the deep crevice and smack Mac dead in the back. Ok, we need a new mattress…
6. A Collection ~ Are they Kidding? I have so many collections I can’t even find them all. Do you want to start with the dust collection, the shoe and pocket-book collection, or the Barbie collection…cause I am NOTHING if not multifaceted. That’s a Fancy Word for ‘doing a lot of crap at the same time’ (a thinly veiled reference to Fancy Nancy….who I really want to look like when I grow up).
7. Bathroom Accessories that aren’t Plastic ~ I was good right up until that whole “Plastic” part…
8. A Favorite Candle ~ Ok, I WIN this one…whew!
9. Two Bedside Tables ~ I have tables…..ok, I have ONE bedside table. I was Soooo close, but they had to throw that OTHER table in there…
10. A Luxurious Throw ~ First I wanted to make sure they weren’t talking about a baseball ‘throw’ because that would just be weird. But I felt pretty good about my baseball throw and was hoping it could be considered ‘luxurious’. No such luck. Of course, they provided a beautiful picture…a white throw on a white couch, with white walls and a white fireplace. Oh sure…that’s EXACTLY what my house looks like. I’m pretty sure Tater’s snowman throw is luxurious…it’s really fuzzy ~ and THAT’s the same thing, right?
So, looks like I’m really 29…which is EXACTLY what I’ve been saying for years!
Thanks for reading my blog ~ if you want to leave a comment, I promise I’ll read it and respond because I LOVE comments. And if you really love it, share it with your friends and have a margarita while you’re reading the blog out loud. At the bar. With other people near by. It’s even FUNNIER then! :) Cheers!